Yeah, yeah. I know. It sounds crazy and maybe a little unusual but here's my story.
I started school when I was very young, age 4 to be exact, and kept going up until I graduated for the final time in May (WHAT THE HECK). 22 years of my life were spent in school so it's strange to not be in school anymore. I currently have a job which will last me until some time next year so that's something!
Anyhow, if you don't know me then you wouldn't know that I tend to have random drama or struggles throw themselves in my path. No, this is not me throwing a pity party, just me stating an unfortunate fact. This fact is the reason why it took me so long to get through school in general. Here are some of the struggles I've faced during my entire educational career:
- A custody battle
- Repeating a grade due to mentioned battle
- Mom's illness (for a while we thought she had Parkinsons. Thank God it actually wasn't true and she was misdiagnosed)
- My grandpa passing
- Car accidents (you can read about them as well as my grandpa passing here and here)
- Mental illness (even repeating a couple classes because it got in the way too much sometimes)
And just random little dramas and getting quite ill here and there. All these things adding up led me to take so long in college and they all connect. Basically, I went through a lot of crap and it's why graduating for the final time is such a big and emotional deal for me. I worked my whole life to get my Bachelor's degree and to finally get it and hold it in my hands (I cried like a baby when I got it in the mail) and walk in my final graduation ceremony were such rewarding experiences.
Okay, I'm not gonna lie, I was tearing up while writing this.
Alright, moving on. Now that school isn't my life anymore I have a lot more opportunity to explore what I want to do for the rest of my life and have time to learn more about myself. I honestly have no clue where I'm going or what path is right for me, but I have faith I'll end up where I need to be.
For those struggling through school I just want to say that you will make it. It may be really tough but you are tougher (cheese alert). Hang in there!
If you find that school isn't for you it's okay! Not everyone is an academic person (confession: I'm not really one and I actually forced myself through school unhealthily). Just do what makes you happy and feel successful! You are not any less if you choose not to go to college or whatever.
Thanks for reading and welcome to all new readers! I'm excited to have you! :) I will do my best to keep up with this blogging thing. Since I'm not in school anymore it should be somewhat easier. If you haven't already please like the Facebook page for this blog! It would be so awesome if you did. You can find the link on my contact me page.
Bye for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment