To start us off....
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Welcome to 2015, a fresh year with new possibilities, opportunities to grow, and maybe move out of your comfort zone...? How awesome would that be?
I'm hoping to try new things with this blog and maybe even start a YouTube channel. I've been wanting to start a channel for awhile yet I'm missing the guts (and proper equipment) to do it. Vlogs (video blogs) always seem to be a lot of fun and I'm a pretty funny person, or at least I'd like to think so. Does laughing at my own jokes count?
Anyways, I know in my last post I've left you on a cliffhanger (if that's what you wanna call it) which wasn't on the most pleasant of a topic, but instead of dwelling on it completely, and without leaving you guys on an unfinished post, I will simply summarize the rest of 2014 so we can move on into 2015.
The last post left us back in May 2014 (imagine we're traveling back in the TARDIS to make it more fun. Yes, I'm a Whovian.) where I got into an accident with my new car. Yikes. It actually turned out to be a pile up involving numerous cars and I was basically the lunch meat in the accident sandwich. Hooray. I was actually injured in this accident, my first time being injured in an accident, and I'm still getting treated for it to this day. It's been a real hoot. I'm currently in a fight for justice, like *insert your favorite superhero here*, and it's extremely stressful and challenging. This is something I wouldn't even wish on my worst enemy, it's that traumatizing.
Meanwhile, I was trying to get into a university in the fall and I'm pleased to say that I was accepted after a long drawn out process. Even though I'm not the biggest fan of the university I'm going to, due to the size of campus and other things, I'm relieved that I have that next step instead of flopping around like a fish out of water.
With an acceptance letter and accident drama under my belt, I barely had time to breathe as my family experienced a tragedy. My grandpa passed away in August after a battle with cancer, Alzheimers, blood clots....He was basically deteriorating before our eyes. He was in a coma like state at the rest home he was placed in for a while. One day, he woke up and my cousin, sister, grandma, and I were blessed to spend a day with him. The day was spent with something he loved, being out in the sunshine. As the sunlight touched his face, he closed his eyes and just bathed in the warmth with a face of content. It was a beautiful thing to see, something that gave us a sense of peace. Before we left he blew kisses to my grandma (a lovely memory), and told us that he loved us. That night he slipped back into a coma like state once again. We received a phone call from the rest home saying that they didn't think he would make it through the night. My family and I rushed up there, saying tearful goodbyes to him, not knowing when he would pass. Some of us ended up staying through most of the night before deciding to come back first thing in the morning after getting a couple hours of sleep.
The morning he died is something I will never forget, something that will carry on with me.
My sister, my grandpa's sister, and I were sitting at his bedside reminiscing and just letting him hear our voices. For some reason I kept my eyes on his neck and chest, watching his breaths. I wonder what would've happened if I wasn't, if we would've known the moment he passed. I counted the seconds and when it seemed like there were too many in between, I asked my sister in a fearful whisper if he was still breathing.
He wasn't.
I rushed out of the room and down the hallway to get the nurse that was in charge of taking care of him at the moment. She told us he passed away peacefully after checking his heart. I had the unfortunate job of calling my grandma and telling her the news.
There are more details that I should probably keep to myself since they are not the most....Pleasant.
My amazing, kind, selfless grandpa will not be forgotten. R.I.P grandpa. We love you.
Okay, that was a rough yet honest story of 2014, but I feel like I should be honest, real, and open to you readers. So, this was by no means a way to make you all depressed so please don't take it that way.
Time to focus on the better things, eh?
I've said that I wanted 2014 to just be over and now that it is there's a sense of relief. There are things from last year that I still have to deal with for this year, but my hope and prayer is that what ever comes at me next that I will be a lot stronger and wiser dealing with it.
I'm going to be painfully optimistic about 2015 because it's better to have hope than be utterly hopeless. That will get me nowhere.
My hope for all of you is that you experience new things this year, make new memories, cherish the ones you love, are thankful, that you grow and just become a better person than you were previously. Learning never stops and it's a beautiful thing.
Thanks for keeping up with this blog and I hope to grow more with you.
Hey, 2015?
LET'S DO THIS!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment