Jun 20, 2015

Things I Shouldn't Do

But I do them anyways!

How frustrating.

Have you ever felt like you do things that you really shouldn't? Things that weren't necessary or beneficial to you and your life at all?

Here is the list of the top 3 things I shouldn't do, but do them anyways.

1. PROCRASTINATE

OK, this is a serious issue for me. I always procrastinate even when I tell myself I won't. Whether it's school stuff, life stuff, this blog (hehe) the procrastination bug always bites me in the butt. A wave of stress swallows me and makes me swear not to ever procrastinate again. Clearly that doesn't work or whip me into shape. Apparently I like to torture myself instead of making things easier.

2. CARE ABOUT WHAT OTHERS THINK (Way too much) 

Let's face it, caring about what others think all the time kills personal joy and is just flat out stressful. Why do I feel like it's my life goal to make everyone like me? It's ridiculous. It stifles my creativity, personal freedom, and is simply a huge waste of time. Not everyone is going to like me and that's fine. And yet I still care what others think. However, I have been working on that for a while now and it's slowly starting to get better.

3. OVERTHINK

This is the absolute WORST. I tend to overthink everything and it can be so incredibly harmful. Situations that haven't even occurred happen, things people say turn into something completely different, and things suddenly become way too complicated. Why do I do this to myself all the time?! One way I've tried to combat this is to tell myself to just go with my gut feeling and trust my instincts. Even though this doesn't work 100% of the time, I have found my moments of success and clarity with certain situations.


We all do things we shouldn't do and it's absolutely normal. We're all human and no one is perfect. Yes, the things you shouldn't do and keep doing anyway can be so incredibly frustrating, but be gentle with yourself. Maybe someday these things will be a thing of the past.

To anyone still following this blog, thank you so much for your patience! I find it hard to share my thoughts so openly nowadays and I still have a lot of work ahead of me. Still here though!

Sorry if this post seemed a little short!

Thanks for reading! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment