Aug 3, 2013

Tales of Weirdness From Riding the Bus


Riding the bus didn't really bother me at first. I kept telling myself, "this is just something you have to do so suck it up." After a few months of doing it.....Well, I found out just how crazy it is to ride the bus. I've had guys follow me after I would get off at a stop just so they could talk to me. Those guys tend to be very odd. I did meet a nice guy at one of the stops on my way home. He would just wave at me and not even try to sit by me when he saw that I didn't really want to be talked to so that's nice. After a day at work I definitely don't like to be talked to or have the energy to be social.

On Thursday, I was waiting for the bus outside of campus and I noticed a few people were waiting at the stop too. I put my headphones in to listen to music and wind down from the busy day, hoping it would also keep people from talking to me. It didn't exactly work because, as I turned away to watch for the bus,  a guy decided to sneak up on me. I turned back slightly and jumped. He was in my face! He was standing so close to me that he could have easily grabbed me if he wanted to. He just stared at me for a few seconds before babbling like a crazy person. I was so surprised and shocked but I quickly stepped back and, thankfully, he just walked away.

Yesterday, I met a friend downtown after work so I had to take a later bus home. There was a guy that sat in one of the seats across from me. He wasn't an older guy that I tend to run into, instead he was actually a college student. The nice guy (mentioned earlier) sat next to him. It was raining and the nice guy decided to spark up a conversation about it. I was actually in a good mood from hanging out with my friend and the fact it was raining. I joined in with a smile, feeling giddy from watching the raindrops fall and trickle down the bus windows. The student suddenly joined in on our conversation, happening to look my way a lot during it. Once the nice guy got to his stop and got off, the student turned to me and asked where I was heading and where I was going to get off. I thought it was an odd question but I told him anyway due to my good mood. He just nodded, smiled, and pulled the cord to get off at the stop before mine. As he got up he glanced my way a couple more times, smiled, then told me to "take care" and something else I didn't really hear. I just waved and smiled quickly as he got off, not really paying complete attention to him. I turned to pull the cord for the next stop when it hit me: did he just try to flirt with me?



3 comments:

  1. As a fellow bus rider I totally understand the awkwardness that can come from conversations on the bus! I've had my fair share of incidents on the bus. Some were while others were totally awesome and fun.
    I'm also rather oblivious when it comes to guys flirting with me. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't ride the bus very much but i know what you mean about being oblivious to someone flirting with you. I know there were times at work someone would be flirting with me and then at the end of the meeting i would send the person on there way and my fellow employees are like... Amanda why didn't you get his number he was flirting with you since he walked in the door. Then you just feel like... omg so you thought so too... and i just shook his hand and said have a nice day.

    And it has also been reversed, there were guys i would flirt with so bad and they don't even realize at all.. its like... umm do i have to paint a sign saying I LIKE YOU for you to notice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember riding the bus in fort Collins and at least once a week there would be a guy that would look at me or start talking to me. So, I understand perfectly on what you mean girl. :) There is also a lot of people that are just plain strange and you wonder way they are talking to you. :!

    ReplyDelete