Hi there!
Okay, okay. I know we're in the middle of January and the new year already and this post is late in the game, but it's better than nothing right?
In this post I'm going to be looking back at 2018 (or what I can remember anyway LOL) and telling you guys my goals for 2019!
2018 was a year of change and events. I finally have a permanent job, it's the same one I've mentioned in previous posts. One year after graduating is not too bad to have secured a job especially since I was terrified I was going to be unemployed forever without a career. We all have our seasons and times though. I have a good friend who is bouncing between jobs which is unfortunate, but I keep telling her that her time is going to come and it's going to be awesome. We're going to meet for Sunday coffee and complain about our crazy 40 hour a week jobs and it'll be awesome. Honestly, though, I feel it's better to bounce around and do a little searching so you're not jumping into something you're not passionate about at all because down the road you'll be so unhappy. Yes, I know you gotta pay those bills, and working jobs you don't like so you can do that until you find the job right for you might be an unfortunate encounter. Nothing wrong with that though! You're still working for what you want in some way or another.
I probably made no sense there.Bah. Moving on.
Another thing that happened for me, one thing that I also never thought would happen, is going to my first KPOP concert and seeing my all time favorite group GOT7 perform. I talked about the experience in my last post and I will probably not shut up about it for the rest of my life to be honest. It's not only because it was being in the same room with some of my favorite people that made the experience huge, but the fact it was my second trip traveling alone to a completely new city and meeting an online friend in person. It was a crazy adventure especially since it didn't even last a full 2 days. Don't know if I'd do something like that again because I was exhausted although the thrill is tempting.
What else happened in 2018? Hmm.....See, I knew I wouldn't be able to remember! I bet I'm missing another big thing and it'll come to me after I post this. If that's the case then I might come back and do an update.
Focusing on 2019 now. The goals I had for 2018 were mostly met and I'm kind of proud of that. Some are coming into 2019 as they're progressive goals so I'm excited to improve even more.
My goals for 2019 are:
-Move out (yes, I still live with my mom, no judgement allowed. Living on your own in my city is hella expensive.) My sister and I have been house hunting, however it hasn't been too successful due to prices going up :(
-Work out. I've actually been pretty good about this so far this year. I've been participating in Blogilates' (love her!) 100 day ab challenge and I haven't skipped a single day. I have also been doing some of her other workouts in addition. I'm excited to lose some weight, be healthier, and, especially, get stronger (I'm a weakling. I shake during simple exercises sometimes haha).
-Eat better. I feel like I've been doing a decent job at this. I avoid huge amounts of sugar when I can and have gotten into the habit of drinking coffee black and drinking things unsweetened such as green tea. I try to munch on fruits (strawberries and blueberries are my favorite to snack on) and veggies (carrots and hummus? Yum!). I also try to go for healthier options when I eat out, but sometimes that's not possible which is totally okay!
-Travel. Last year traveling went hand in hand with seeing GOT7 live so that was knocking two birds with one stone. This year, if they do another tour, I plan to see them again (maybe even twice!) and that could satisfy both goals once again! My sister has been dying to go to Oregon too so that might also be a thing.
-Save money. Not gonna lie, I got real shitty about this from October-December last year and I'm now recovering and getting my butt back in gear and into my previous saving habits. I want to be able to have a nice cushion for when I move out and eventually get a new car.
-Get a car. To be honest, this isn't a huge priority for me as I still struggle hardcore with my anxiety to driving. If you've been reading my blog for a while you'll know why, but basically I've been involved in a handful of accidents (none my fault) and the last one tipped me over the edge anxiety wise because I was injured. It'd be nice to have my own form of transportation although I already have ways of getting around thanks to my sister (I pay half for gas though lol) and understanding friends .
-Make new friends. I'm an introvert so this may be hard haha. I also have a hard time making friends and feel like people lose interest so fast.
-Create stuff. Whether it's painting or writing or making videos (which I keep saying I want to do) I want to get in touch with my creative side more and not be so lazy with it. I have ideas and such then it comes down to me being too lazy or my lack of art skills in the end.
-Read more. I used to be a very avid reader and then lost it somewhere in college. I love the feeling of escaping into a good book and I miss it.
-Learn a language/brush up on what I already know. I took Spanish in high school for 3 years and know a handful of it, but I'd like to brush up on it more. I also want to learn some Korean.
Basically, with every new year I want to try as many new things as possible and just become a better person! It feels good to end a year and be able to say you accomplished your goals. 2019 is still a fresh start and there is plenty of time to experience things and cross off goals I've set.
I wish you guys all the luck and happiness for the new year! I hope you are able to accomplish everything you want to.
Let's make 2019 great, eh?
No comments:
Post a Comment