Admit it! You could see yourself writing your name on that line. I'm not accusing anyone because I'm a new Pinterest addict myself. I think there needs to be a group that's like Alcoholics Anonymous except for Pinterest because, quite frankly, it's ridiculously and deliciously addictive. Perhaps that was the intent of this wonderful yet time consuming website. Maybe it's not so bad to have a Pinterest addiction.
For those unlucky souls who don't know what Pinterest is, the only way I can describe it is electronic hoarding. You find things that you like or are interested in and "pin" them to boards that you create on your profile. Did I mention there are no limits and oh so many possibilities? There's many different categories you can choose from such as food & drink, DIY, humor, geek, and many more.
Now, I'm not trying to convert anyone or anything but I'm simply speaking to those who just might be in the same boat of addiction with me. I'm sure people can relate considering there are roughly 70 million users, and yes, most of them are women. Didn't surprise anyone did it? I found these interesting facts and many others in an article on the Digital Marketing Ramblings website found here:
http://expandedramblings.com/index.php/pinterest-stats/#.U01AFvldVIE
If you get a chance, I would suggest going to look at the article. There's 59 fascinating facts and stats listed about Pinterest.
So, why is Pinterest ridiculously addictive? Personally, I think it's because you have many opportunities to find new ways to express yourself, get creative, and it's really useful in finding things you may need in life. It's a great distraction from the busy parts in life (basically feeds your procrastinating needs) and a good way to unwind from a stressful day.
There is my short little blurb about Pinterest. I'm pathetically addicted and I'm not afraid to admit it. To those of you on Pinterest, pin on, my friends!
For those unlucky souls who don't know what Pinterest is, the only way I can describe it is electronic hoarding. You find things that you like or are interested in and "pin" them to boards that you create on your profile. Did I mention there are no limits and oh so many possibilities? There's many different categories you can choose from such as food & drink, DIY, humor, geek, and many more.
Now, I'm not trying to convert anyone or anything but I'm simply speaking to those who just might be in the same boat of addiction with me. I'm sure people can relate considering there are roughly 70 million users, and yes, most of them are women. Didn't surprise anyone did it? I found these interesting facts and many others in an article on the Digital Marketing Ramblings website found here:
http://expandedramblings.com/index.php/pinterest-stats/#.U01AFvldVIE
If you get a chance, I would suggest going to look at the article. There's 59 fascinating facts and stats listed about Pinterest.
So, why is Pinterest ridiculously addictive? Personally, I think it's because you have many opportunities to find new ways to express yourself, get creative, and it's really useful in finding things you may need in life. It's a great distraction from the busy parts in life (basically feeds your procrastinating needs) and a good way to unwind from a stressful day.
There is my short little blurb about Pinterest. I'm pathetically addicted and I'm not afraid to admit it. To those of you on Pinterest, pin on, my friends!

No comments:
Post a Comment